Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asbestos in Loft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asbestos in Loft

Hi

I have just had my loft insulated, i didnt get to speak to the installer but there was a message that there was some "chipped asbestos" up in the loft. There was no message of what to do.

I know how bad asbestos can be, but i understand that if the asbestos is left alone and you dont break it up then it is OK...

Advice appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Asbestos in Loft

You might want to call them to see if they chipped the asbestos! If it's just left alone and never gets disturbed I believe it's fine. If they've created asbestos dust in your loft then you need to know.

Comment

Re: Asbestos in Loft

I am surprised that the loft insulation company actually fitted the insulation. Most that I have come across would have turned down the job once they had seen that there was asbestos in the loft.

I would agree with Beyond on his point asbestos is fine as long as it is undisturbed the problem start once it is disturbed and turns into powered asbestos or asbestos dust.

Comment

Working...
      X