Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Vent question

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vent question

    Forgive me, I’m a first time house owner so not sure how to go about these types of things!

    We live in a Victorian house and the upstairs bedroom has had a vent fitted in the wall leading directly outside. Our newly fitted windows have individual vents in them anyway and the old vent is making the room really cold (we have central heating, no gas fire etc). Can someone advise the best way to get this bricked up/cemented over? If so, we are planning to get a tiler into redo our bathroom, do you think some tillers would be able to do this kind of work for us or would we need to get a building firm in? It’s nothing we can do ourselves (I don’t think) so I am trying to work out the best/cost effective way of doing it.