Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireplace advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireplace advice

Can someone share his experience about the choice of fireplace. I've found some great info on the web about gas fireplaces but I'm not sure weather to get a gas fire or a wood burning one.
    Any experiences and practical advice will be greatly appreciated

Re: Fireplace advice

Can't advise much as as of 2 years ago we have no fireplace, had it removed along with the draft that it produced.
    Previously used gas and prior to that coal, albeit fifity decades ago.
    I suspect like coal the wood can be messy and more cumbersome so I'd choose gas on that basis.
    It is worth looking at thBTU output figure of the various fires, I replaced one in aflat we were selling with a modern flame effect one andnot that I wsa bothered, as it was for appearance purposes, but the output was half the one it replaced.

Comment

I think a wood burning is better!!

Comment

I think that wood burning fireplaces create a very comfy atmosphere...

Comment

Hi

Wood fire places create a very homely feel, but gas fireplaces are good fireplaces too. Gas fireplaces are popular and they are continously improving as manufacturers make improvements each year. They are not only efficient but also certain models are so well engineered that you cant even tell that it is gas burning instead of wood.
          Michelle Alden- Property to Rent

Comment

Yea I agree, wood burning fires are the most cosy in my view and add the most design value.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibika View Post
              Can someone share his experience about the choice of fireplace. I've found some great info on the web about gas fireplaces but I'm not sure weather to get a gas fire or a wood burning one.
              With the every increasing price of gas a wood buring one is the only choice!
              It will add value to your home too.
              BRAND NEW HOMES
              Information for UK new home buyers
              New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Originally posted by Bibika View Post
                Last year I replaced my wood burning stove and bought a gas fireplace from HotPrice. I found it better than wood burning stove. As I can turn on or off with the flip of a switch unlike a wood burning fireplace. It does not need a chimney. At HotPrice you can get both types of fireplace, choose one of them.

Comment

Working...
                X