Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bathroom redecoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bathroom redecoration

any suggestions of a quick and easy bathroom makeover? diy sos style? but with a better finish?? i dont really want to rip out the bath and start from scrath but i hate it in there!!

Re: bathroom redecoration

I personally like to tile both the walls and floors in a bathroom, it looks great (with nice tiles) and is easy to keep clean. Could maybe change the side panel on the Bath if you don't like it?

Comment

Well it comes down to your individual taste, but i would keep it simple (white and plain) White tiles are cheap. I would also put in a vanity unit and toilet, which i think looks good and has draws to remove all the clutter that builds up in a bathroom.

Comment

Hi, i'm not an expert in bathroom's decoration but i usualy buy all my bath's needs from Screwfix they have everything you are looking!!

Comment

Just make sure that you are choosing the right tiles, colors and lighting combination to make your bathroom beautiful as well as attractive.

Comment

If you go for white tiles you can buy whatever accesories you like and you can change them whenever you get bored.
            Portugal Property for Sale

Comment

If you are sticking with the suite, make sure that your decoration, tiling and window covering (blinds, screen, curtains) complement it. Personally I would say the bathroom suite makes the biggest difference to a room, but if time and budget are against you then I would say look at the following:

Make sure your furniture matches. Fitted furniture if you are going modern and want to maximise space, free standing for more traditional and where space isn't an issue.

Position the mirror so it reflects the features you want and is usable. I know you may have to compromise because they're usually over a basin, but you still control the mirror dimensions.

If you have a small bathroom, keep your decoration as similar as possible to maximise the space. Use either large or small tiles, don't go for an in-between size. Make sure the wall is covered in the same covering throughout and there are no lines that distract or draw the eye.

Tiling looks clean and gives a nice finish, but using too much of the same one can look sterile and throw your eyes. Try something with a slight texture/pattern or add in lines of a different tile.

Comment

Cute bath curtains, towels and soft bath carpet in the same colours can change the style of your bathroom.
                Solar power for homes is a green way to cut electricity bills

Comment

I will suggest you a tiled bathroom and its color should be light, it could be white, pink, off-white, sky blue etc because your kitchen and bathroom can tell a lot about your personality.

Comment

I used tiles from B&Q that were actually very nice. Then I had a MASSIVE custom Mirror made for £80. The bathroom is beautiful. I would post a picture but I don't have enough posts.

Comment

Yea go for white tiles then you can build from there anyway you want....a good start is white tiles, new silver taps and replacement white sink/toilet sealent.

Comment

Choosing a light color such as apple green can give your bathroom a fresher look. Victory or tile textured designs from the floor to the walls are great as well. If your bathroom has enough space, you can even put a human-sized mirror.

You may also add a medium-sized cabinet for your towels and other bathroom cleaners or you can put some of your perfumes and other beauty products. A well-organized cabinet looks more spacious in my opinion.

The last thing is, why not decorate your own curtain that will match the color of your tiles? These additional accessories can give your bathroom a much livelier atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by romain851 View Post
                          any suggestions of a quick and easy bathroom makeover? diy sos style? but with a better finish?? i dont really want to rip out the bath and start from scrath but i hate it in there!!
                          It is in the matter of your choice of colors, right quality and style of tiles. You can also add some shower curtains to separate your tub and shower. You can also relocate your mirror in your bathroom (if you have some) to make it look something new in the eyes.

Comment

Some nice responses here - reminds me I need to get round to my bathroom!

Choose a light colour, matching tiles and matching furniture. Matching stuff will go a long way to making sure it looks clean and professional.

Invest in lighting like dmasf pointed out - nicely angled lamps etc. will make thinks look cosy as I'm sure you don't need me to tell you!

Also unless you're going retro - make sure you get a good bath sideboard

Good luck!

J
                            For advice, planning permission appeals and permitted development rights, visit KSLAW

Comment

Of course you can use tiles but I will suggest you to use shelves as bathroom is a small and the most functional room so it is difficult to put and manage items. But by shelves you can place items on it and thus much of the space will be utilized and it also looks good.

Comment

Working...
                              X