Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED lights for main lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED lights for main lighting

Hi,
    My brother and I are just in the middle of renovating our new apartment and we are looking for somewhat less conventional solutions, so I thought we could have LED strips for main lighting in the living room. I wonder what you guys think about the idea, and if I apply two five metre rolls of strips on two sides of the room (the room is 4*5metres) would that be enough lighting or should I get something else too?
    Thanks
    Joe

Re: LED lights for main lighting

Now you got me started!
    I chose LED lights for my house - 18 x MR16 equivalent in total. I have had to swap them over 3 times now as all have blown. That's about £300 - and supposedly 50,000 hours, in fact it was about 50 hours each.

If you are using low voltage I STRESS get an electrician who has installed LED before or you will be seriously out of pocket!!

Let us know how it goes?

Comment

Oh, that's horrible. I'm really disappointed to hear that. Do you mean it was the electrician's fault or the LED's?

Comment

Hi,

I am a newbie here and I experienced allot trouble while installing LED lights, and to avoid this problem I have decided to get over this so, I called my electrician and he then he helped me out as, the problem was in the complete role and due to that, the problem appeared in main light.

Comment

Hi, just to get back to where I ended up.
          I found some MR16 lights on sale at LEDcentre. Since I got quite scared based on your replies, I tried one first, and then went to exchange all of them above my kitchen cabinet.

I consulted the selling company a couple of times before I went for installation, and yes, I had to change my transformers as well, but since they provided the transformers as well as the lights, I got two years warranty on all the products. So far all good.

Comment

I can't really help you but I have encountered the same problem with LED lights. To solve this problem, I just call a electrician top do the job. Less hassle.

Comment

The major advantage of the LED lightning products is that they do not simply cut off when they are extinguished that is why I have chosen this for my home. But im really sorry to say that you encountered that problem. I would suggest that you call an expert.

Comment

Working...
              X