Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Popcorn Ceilings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popcorn Ceilings

What is it with all the popcorn ceilings? I have them all through my house and I cannot stand them. I see them still doing this in some of the newer houses and I just don't get it. I think these look awful.

These things are terrible.. I HATE them. Our trailer has them and if the smallest thing touches the ceiling then those darn things fall off and then you have this big mess. Who thought of that ugly stuff? Its really nothing that I would ever CHOOSE to have!

Comment

I don't know who thought of them but I cannot stand them. We are thinking about redoing the ceilings sometime in the future. I have seen ones that friends of ours had redone without the popcorn garbage on them and they look so much nicer. I have heard though it is not an easy job.

Comment

You are right there.. It is not an easy job. My grandfather wanted to redo ours one year and he got one room done and said he could live with the others LOL.

Comment

Yes, I had heard that it is not easy. But I just think that they look so much better when it is done. I think I will tackle one room and then take a break before doing another one.

Comment

Popcorn

Ha ha... my girlfriends parents have popcorn ceilings in the bedrooms and I am not a huge fan to be honest.... but hey, at least it hides uneven surfaces!

Comment

Working...
            X