Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House doctor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House doctor

Hi folks was wondering if anyone has ever used a house doctor or would consider useing one to make there house more sellable , they seem to do a good job and i guess its good to have someone who has had no input into the house so no emotion , if you watch them on tv they spend a few quid but more than get that back after the sale ! what do you think ?

Re: House doctor

My experience is beware of the advice about spending money on marketing your house in the best possible light. I have found that the ideas propagated by the so-called like House Doctor and so on do not work at all. All that happens is that you have wasted your money.

Comment

I don't know. I guess if I had the spare cash I might consider using a house doctor, but I think most of it is pretty much common sense. Finishing off jobs that need doing, having a good clear out and just generally making the place presentable is probably enough.

Comment

I think if you have the time on your hands, dont invest in anything which isnt nessasary, because you can do it yourself, sure it takes effort and determanation, but its worth it if you make proffit?

"You get into life what you put in" old saying ;D

Comment

I wouldn't waste my time with a house doctor, it would be more beneficial to get a Regulated Approved professional Builder or Decorator to have a look around the property, he/she would be able to tell you what would be the best way of preparing the property for sale. Especially if there is a lot of work that needs doing. omp!
          Danzo

Comment

Seconding that. I'd rather spend my money on home improvement (old or new one) than pay for a house doctor...

Comment

Would agree totally with the consensus, when selling your house there is usually so many wee jobs round the place that you can complete yourself. It is that getting the house in such a state that it is ready to move into without the buyer having to do any work. I'm not sure a house doctor would give you much more than common sense.
              Northern Ireland Property

Comment

just buy a couple of magazines and get inspiration from them, be alot cheaper.

Comment

Well, if you have a time to spent for this, why will you hire a house doctor and give away money for unnecessary things?

Comment

Working...
                  X