Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handrailing on porch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handrailing on porch

We've added a new porch to the front of our house, but I'm wondering if we have to add handrailings. The porch isn't that high. What's the ruling? Does anyone know?

I am not to sure. I imagine that if there is one that it might be different in each area. I don't think you have to have one here thought. Not sure though.

Comment

Most do have rules about that. I would recommend putting them up anyhow, especially since weather could make things "slippery" etc.. Just as a safety precaution.

Comment

Originally posted by mamab View Post
        We've added a new porch to the front of our house, but I'm wondering if we have to add handrailings. The porch isn't that high. What's the ruling? Does anyone know?
        As I'm a handsome blacksmith and put railings up quite a lot, I kinda think that the law states that any height over 600mm requires a rail.

That's what I think anyhow.

Comment

I think that is based on your preference? If you want one there then you can put one there if you don't then don't but some porches don't look right with rails on them.

Comment

I never thought of that but yes with the snow I would definently want a railing but I do agree that some just don't look right when there is a railing.

Comment

Working...
            X