Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insulation in loft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulation in loft

We have recently purchased a large detached house built 1920's very close to the coast. Amongst other projects ongoing we are having the loft insulated. At present there is nothing in the loft other than an approximate layer of fine beach sand approx 1.5 inches thick between the rafters throughout the loft. Question is do we remove prior to laying the insulation or leave ? Will the sand affect the effectiveness of the new insulation or will it add to the effect ? I am tempted to leave as removal will be very time consuming and messy but would appreciate any advice ...

Re: Insulation in loft

Leave in place, and add further insulation on top. It'll add to the effect.

Comment

Re: Insulation in loft

Thanks.. thats the reply I was hoping for Saves me spending the next few days with a dust mask and the dyson !!!

Comment

Working...
      X