Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builder is this thire mo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builder is this thire mo

The year of the cowboy....I bought a house in Tynemouth to renovate and move into. I got a price for a complete move into condition, to be completed by July 09, the builders started the work at the end of May, then said can I pay week by week. I complained about the work, the plastering was particularly bad. then after 5 weeks said they had other work, but were in money trouble. In the meantime, after one week they brought in another builder who said he was financing the job. I have just finished putting right the work, it,s the end of december 09. they did not finish nothing, I have paid others to finish the job. Is this the norm, I have been told they are now trading in whitley bay as Bristol Property Development, Has anyone any information on this lot.

Re: Builder is this thire mo

BBC television programme was looking for people across the UK whose lives and properties were in a state of chaos or disruption thanks to ‘cowboy’ workmen.

Tel: 0141 331 7455 builders(at)mentorn.tv

There should have been a contract and correspondence between client and contractor, for you to use to get the money back.

Comment

Working...
    X