Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Make the Most of a Small Bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Make the Most of a Small Bedroom

Have you ever tried to decorate a small bedroom? Is it a headache to place all your essential things, but still make the room free space to move? If this is your issue, this article will show you some small tips to arrange your small bedroom without compromising on style, comfort or aesthetics.

#1. Create a focal point

In your bedroom, place a piece of furniture which is eye-catching such as a bed, patterned rug or a wardrobe. You can place your bed up against a window to create a focal coin around the window. You also can utilize the space around the window to place a small bookshelf or other storage.

#2. Focus on the height
    f326ccf235a4da687dc33f69c9b65595.jpg
    Creating the illusion of a high ceiling is necessary to distract people from the absence of width. You can add a canopy above the bed, add a long curtain from the ceiling to the floor to make the room look high. You also can use the curtain which is wider than the window to make your window look bigger.

#3. Keep colors neutral

Wall color is also a factor which can help your bedroom look bigger. Neutral colors such as white, off white, beige, light grey, ...are the colors that can create the feeling of a large space.

#4. Pick furniture widely

Due to the small space of your bedroom, choosing the right furniture is a must. A large drawer can take more space, you can consider to use chests of drawers as alternatives. Underbed storage offers you more stores to put your stuff in and your room will be less cluttered and cleaner.

#5. Create the Illusion of Depth

To create depth for your room, you can use mirrors. Using a floor-to-ceiling mirror or a dressing table mirror reaching the ceiling but not the floor paced opposite the window will help to reflect the light and add more dimension to your room.

Those tips can be simple, but it can be applied for all types of small bedroom. Doubt? Why not try it to see how effective it is.
    Home staging bedroom for sale can be tricky. However, with 10 secret tips, staging a master bedroom or a small bedroom is just a piece of cake

Great tips. I'm looking for a new house in Ajax now and I found some really nice neighborhoods here, but some of the older houses that I liked have really small bedrooms. So I think if use some of your tips, like neutral colors and creating an illusion of depth, I can make them look bigger and it will feel more spacious. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
    X