Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 easy-to-do ways to refresh your living room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 easy-to-do ways to refresh your living room

Are you getting stuck in your life? Why not refresh your living space that is considered one of the best ways to inspire yourselves. In fact, there is no need for a huge time and money to do this. Just a few following changes can help you to refresh your living room and your own normal life as well.

1. Update your lighting

The first thing you need to consider is switching from old bulbs into LED ones which are much more energy-efficient. Also, the LED bulbs are more durable as they are not incandescent or fluorescent, so they are safer if you accidentally touch them as well.
    Also, pay attention to the shapes of lights. Give your living room a new look as you have a similar size lamp in another room.

2. Fill your living room wall with an art gallery

By doing this, you can change the whole living room look. In fact, this doesn’t cost you much, just a bit your time and several picture hooks and nails. It is always a good idea to go for a gallery wall. If you already have one, changing it up will help to refresh your living room.
    To make it easier, firstly all your frames on the floor to plan how to arrange the gallery an where to place new pictures, then rehang.

3. Wash curtains

Clear curtains will not only make your living room look better, but also save the health of yours and your family member as it is where dust and toxic bacteria live. You are advised to wash your curtains every three months.
    It takes about a couple of hours to clean curtains and that is washing machine-safe. Otherwise, if your curtains are not encouraged to touch water, bring them outside and give them a shake to get all dust off.

4. Rearrange bookshelves

If there is no need for any other décor, this is a way that doesn’t cost you any except your time to clean and rearrange it. Sort out your books, CDs, magazines, and all décor on the shelves. Then, get rid of any things that you no longer want to read or watch.
    After that, you can be free to rearrange your bookshelves in a way that makes sense to you. It could be by author, by genre or by color.

5. Make some furniture refresh

If it is not necessary, you don’t need to spend a ton of money on new furnishing. This simply means switching out the position of furniture in the room. It could be get rid of some items that you use often, like removing unnecessary chairs or tables to open the room up or replacing the current rug with a lighter one in another room.
    Take a look here to have more ideas for new furniture

6. Clean wall marks out with paint

Every black scuff will make your living room bad looking and not inviting anymore. But with a few minutes with a product of Magic Eraser, you can remove those distracting things from your walls.
    Of course, you have time and you’re tired of looking 4 same walls for a long time. It is time to repaint your living room to refresh it.

For reference, if you are planning to sell your home, finding a professional photo editor can help you have the best photos of your property and attract bigger traffic.

BeatColor | Real Estate Photo Editing
    https://beatcolor.com
    BEATCOLOR, a Vietnam based company, provides full of Real Estate Photo Editing Services and Real Estate Video Editing Service...

I would suggest also adding some plants inside the room to make it look lively and fresh. For me, it is more pleasing to the eye if I saw a plant inside.

Comment

Sometimes it’s enough to change the carpet

Comment

Originally posted by Iacionni View Post
        Sometimes it’s enough to change the carpet
        You've got a point. And also, spraying air freshener after to eliminate bad odor.

Comment

great tips for clean and refreshing environment.

Comment

A good pressure cleaning to the exterior of the home and ensuring that the window cleaning has been taken care of can really have a great impact. With a clean living room I'm not embarassed to have my kid's home tutor over one afternoon a week.

Comment

A good pressure cleaning to the exterior of the home and ensuring that the window cleaning has been taken care of can really have a great impact. With a clean living room I'm not embarassed to have my kid's home tutor over one afternoon a week.

Comment

Working...
              X