Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fan vs Air Circulator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan vs Air Circulator

Hi. I recently moved to an apartment with a pretty old HVAC system. I’m looking to buy a fan to help with cooling, but a friend suggested I buy an air circulator instead. Can somebody explain the difference?

They have different functions and benefits. For one, you can only feel the effect of a fan when it’s faced at you directly. As for air circulators, they work by distributing air throughout your entire room.

Also, a fan also doesn’t cool down air temperature. It might seem like it does sometimes, but that’s just because it moves air over your skin. Some people call it the “wind chill effect” or something like that. On the contrary, a circulator helps cool air to a comfortable temperature by keeping the air in motion. Air circulators help diffuse cool air from air conditioners during warm days, and hot air from heaters during cold days. I personally prefer air circulators because of that benefit.

Comment

Working...
    X