Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A pool in my yard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pool in my yard

I can't decide if it is worth it. I have just decided to fix up my new area and backyard. In order to make our stay even more attractive, I've decided to renovate the backyard in-ground pool. My backyard is a proper place to set a pool. The reason why I am planning for a pool is : last day, after a full body check-up, we came to know that my mother is suffering from diabetes, cholesterol, and high blood pressure problem. I have heard that swimming is a good exercise to lower blood Sugar and cholesterol level.
    Yesterday, our neighbor called a pool service from Toronto. I enquired about their services and rates.
    I have 2 kids, no husband, so will probably have to do all maintenance myself. My budget for the pool is not huge, just a bit of budget. Also, I have a dog and a cat as my pet. I would have to keep them out of the pool. Does anyone have any input on the pros and cons of a backyard pool in Toronto?
    I should add, that I love swimming. Maintaining a pool is not so easy and need time and money. So I need suggestions regarding its maintenance too.
    Last edited by AndiM; 26-06-2018, 09:22 AM.

Pros:-

1. They are a great source of low-impact exercise for health and relaxation for children and adults.
    2. Having one can add to the value of your home so it can be a good investment.
    3. Maintenance of your backyard will be less.

Cons:-

1. You will have to need to be maintained and cleaned regularly otherwise, they can become a home for bacteria and algae.
    2. It can be dangerous for children. As it can be risky for anyone who doesn’t know how to swim.

Maintenance:-
    1. Circulation
    it’s the most crucial area of pool maintenance. A pool that has good circulation will rarely have issues like bacteria, algae and cloudy water.

2. Cleaning
    circulation includes cleaning too but you should do your part to vacuum, skim and brush the pool on a weekly basis.

3. Chemistry
    It’s actually very easy. You need to taste your pool water, once you learn that you know what your pH , alkalinity and chlorine readings are, you can start to add chemicals. Make sure to know what each chemical can do and how it affects the water and your family who are swimming.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X