Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

heating grants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heating grants

Hi All,

I have a question on behalf of a friend of mine.

He has just bought a new house, but there is only one radiator in the whole place (its a night storage heater in the living room ,but a 3 bed house).

His income is approx £17k & his wife is on Statutary maternity pay as they have a baby due in a month or so.

Are there any grants available to help to get heating in his house? I believe there are some available if you are on JSA or other benefits, but not sure if he will tick the right boxes.

Not my area of expertese so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by mortgage_advisor; 19-08-2009, 11:47 AM. Reason: typo
    Independent Mortgage Advisor, expert in residential, buy to let, holiday let, and refinance mortgages

So far as I remember, last time I looked into this, such schemes were run by my local council - might be worth a contact?

Comment

Loads of web-sites that'll help you claim what you're owed:

direct.gov.uk/

entitledto.co.uk/

Sorry for the stupid formatting, as I have least than 15 post I can't put links!

Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X