Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirror Tiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Tiles

Hi

My friend recently tiled my bathroom and we left spaces for some tiles (small) for mirror tiles.

Can anyone advise where i can purchase them from online and in shops?

thanks

Do B&Q, Do It All, Wickes, Homebase, etc, cover these?

Comment

Re: Mirror Tiles

E-bay,
      mosaic-mirror-tiles.co.uk
      aceglassandmirrors.co.uk/16.html
      wallsandfloors.co.uk/mirror-mosaics-tiles_Tiles.html

sorry for the funny addresses but I don't have 15 posts, and I cannot sent a link properly

Comment

Things You'll Need:

• Measuring tape
        • Mirror wall tiles
        • Chalk line
        • Level
        • Double-sided heavy-duty mounting tape
        • Work gloves
        • Glass cutter
        • Safety glasses or goggles

1. Step 1

Measure the wall you will be covering with the mirror wall tiles. Decide what size tiles you want to use. Though a common size is 12 x 12 inches, you might want to go with bigger tiles if you're covering a large space. Purchase the tiles at any home improvement center.
        1. Step 2

Choose how you're going to put up the mirror tiles. You can go with the common block-pattern, or you can choose a diamond-pattern or any other pattern you wish. Sketch it out on paper before starting the project to get an idea how it will look.
        1. Step 3

Clean the surface of the wall before applying tile. Make sure to remove any loose paint or wallpaper before installing the tiles.
        1. Step 4

Make a line down the wall along the corner using a chalk line and check to make sure it is plumb. If so, start to install the mirror tiles in the bottom corner of the wall.
        1. Step 5

Place five pieces of heavy-duty double-sided mounting tape on the back of a wall tile, one in each corner and in the middle, and apply to the wall. Align the tile with the chalk line and press firmly against the wall.
        1. Step 6

Work vertically up the wall, placing one tile at a time and butting the bottom edge of the one you are installing against the top of the last tile placed. Follow the chalk line.
        1. Step 7

Repeat Step 6 for each vertical row until the entire wall is covered.

Comment

Mirrored tile refers to any of a number of tiling options that are perfect for countertops, walls, backsplashes, ceilings, and wall murals. They are available in a number of different colors and sizes, and even come in easy to apply sheets for easier installation.

Comment

Mirror tiles should be fixed with mirror adhesive and grouted or you risk injury and the possibility of the mirror discolouring very quickly.

Comment

I love mirror tiles and I have installed this at my place, in all the rooms. I do have to take proper care of these tiles and in my home, all the tiles are fixed with mirror adhesive only.

Comment

Working...
              X