Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attaching photos to wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching photos to wall

Hi

I would like to put some photos up on my walls - what is the bst thing to do this with - blue tac!? - i just dont want to leave a mark - ive seen what blutac can do after a few years on walls!

thanks

I wouldn't really recommend blue-tac! I remember when I was younger, I had blue tacked posters all over my walls, and when I took them down, I ended up peeling 3 layers of paint off, leaving huge craters in the wall! Oops

Comment

thanks for response- i have since been advised elsewehere to use 'white tac'.

Comment

White tac isn't much better.

Comment

Re: Attaching photos to wall

It is called Pritt Sticky Tac
          The package is a flat cardboard envelope and on the front it states it is the alternative to tape and pins, ideal for what you want it for. It has the Pritt stick glue emblem on the front smiling and saying it is for decorations and cards and posters and it also states it is removable.
          On the back of the product is the care instructions and customer service details.
          The packet contains a slab of white sticky gum like material and it is scored into small tabs which is great and useful as you can cut this and it will go a lot further than pulling it.The product is made by Henkel and you can contact them on 01606 593933
          Now this is available at supermarkets and DIY shops and Wilkinsons. It's about £10 per pack.

Comment

Take some tape, preferably the white/paper-ish tape. Make rings with the glue on the outside.
            Lay it horizontally on the back of the paper. Make multiple depending on the size of the photo. This way you have tape has contact to both your photo and the surface you want to put the photo on.

I recommend the white (feels like a paper) tape because it does not stick to the wall or the paper when you want to remove it, but it does the job.

Comment

I wouldn't advise blue or white tac, maybe just try using masking tape and loop a one or two inch piece (depending on the size of your photo) into a circle and stick one masking tape circle in each of the four corners, then stick your photo to the wall.

Comment

blue-tac is not good for this job, i will refer you easy moveable photos and panting you can use big wooden photo frames for this purpos it will be easy to hang and easy to remove.

Comment

Working...
                X