Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gas or Electric Cooker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gas or Electric Cooker?

Go for gas cooker, its very efficient and cheap. But always follow the safety precaution. never left it unattended.
    Your trusted interstate removals

Comment

I suppose both gas and electricity have pluses and minuses...
      I prefer electric cooker, 'cause I have bad experience with a gas one.... But that's just my opinion..
      May be the best solution is to have both I think I've seen cookers that can work on gas or electricity in the same time.

Comment

Electric Cooker is the best
        Property To Rent

Comment

I prefer electric Cooker, it electric is faster and easier to use.

Comment

I've no idea which is cheaper to run - but I do know we have always had gas cookers - then we moved house and this one is electric (fan assisted) and I hate it - the temp isn't accurate and it burns everything if you cook it for the time required (including reducing the time as its fan assisted) I never had this problem with gas cookers.
            we had a chap come out to quote for cleaning it and he said theirs is the same and they checked the temp with an oven thermometer and its about 10 degrees too hot all the time....

If I had the choice I would NEVER have electric again.....
            The leader - Panneton and Panneton

Comment

Gas is the quickest. Depends on what you mean by electric as in Hong Kong we
              have the electric rings that heat up in seconds and cool off pretty quickly. They also shut down quickly if there is no pan on the hob so there is no danger of leaving the hob on all night

Ged
              http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
              [email protected]

Comment

This is a sensitive subject for me. We have an electric cooker at home. I am constantly battling that thing, because it never hits the right temperature. Six (the maximum level) is too high to cook anything with, while 5 or 4 are not hot enough sometimes. I have to put it on six and then switch it to a lower volume to get the right temperature. Of course, I'm not saying all electric cookers are messed up like ours. Though you probably have to invest a good deal of money for a more functional one. However, gas for me, is the obvious choice. You see what you get. You control the temperature easily, not by already designated levels which you don't know the values of. It's cheaper and easier. However, I have this irrational fear of lighting gas stuff, soo that's another downside for me. Haha.
                Anyways, making your own pro-con list serves best for these kinds of dilemmas.
                Hey, my name is Lorelai and I work for a 24 hour pest control company based in London!

Comment

Personally, I would recommend an electric one. The only reason is safety but I think it's important enough.
                  Last edited by lydiahopkins; 07-01-2016, 08:17 AM. Reason: a spelling error
                  http://www.carpetcleaningwhitechapel.co.uk/

Comment

I advice you to buy an induction cooker. It heats pretty fast and is far much safer than any other cooker type.

Comment

Working...
                    X