Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converting 2 beds into 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting 2 beds into 1

I bought a 4 bed town house (hopefully I have uploaded the picture correctly so you can see the floor plans).

I converted the garage so it now has 5 beds. As the 2 beds on the 1st floor are so small I am thinking about taking the wall out between them to make 1 good size bedroom - hence taking me back to 4 beds (but all good size ones).

From a selling point of view is it better to have the 4 beds (which are all good sizes), or is it better to have 5 beds (but with 2 that are only singles?)

Any advice would be very much appreciates.
    Attached Files

You need to consider the local market. For example, you could let as HMO with a tenant per room, 5 rooms ay get mroe rent. If you are selling as a family home, consider the area, find out from agents what local demand is like for 4 and 5 bed houses.

Comment

Working...
    X