Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Paint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitnessk
    started a topic Fresh Paint

Fresh Paint

Sometimes it is important to apply some fresh paint in a house before selling. It can clean things up a bit. They also say it helps for people who have pet smells in their house. The new paint helps take care of this.

• HomeFree
    replied
    It is kind of like repainting a old car. If the paint job is nice and it looks good from the outside it is much easier to sell. Similarily houses with new paint jobs are much more attractive for buyers!

Leave a comment:

• TheHouseman
    replied
    It has been proven that making cups of coffee, using a coffee machine or just having a strong coffe smell before you show someone inside your house is a guaranteed way of making them feel 'at home'.
    So just brew up...

Leave a comment:

• GarryVernne
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon80 View Post
    I think I would be suspicious if i smelt fresh paint when viewing a house...
    And you should be for the same reason above

Actually if you are going to sell it would be worthwhile to use a biodegradable cleaner and wipe the wall down, and then paint them neutral colors. The paint will only mask odurs for so long.

Leave a comment:

• brian
    replied
    Originally posted by fitnessk View Post
    Sometimes it is important to apply some fresh paint in a house before selling. It can clean things up a bit.
    Definitely agree - we've just been painting our house and it's amazing how bright and fresh it looks after. Lighter colours aside, those little bits of knocked paintwork will help demean the impression your home gives - you need to provide that "ready to move in" look, rather than "ready to move in but needs a little work after" to most potential buyers in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Jay
    replied
    It's pretty good advice, a friend had a few dogs and he painted his walls and everything seemed to smell a lot fresher.

Leave a comment:

• irvendriscol
    replied
    Originally posted by fitnessk View Post
    Sometimes it is important to apply some fresh paint in a house before selling. It can clean things up a bit. They also say it helps for people who have pet smells in their house. The new paint helps take care of this.

Before painting you have to clean the walls neatly then paint on it. It looks cute and new one.

Leave a comment:

• Simon80
    replied
    I think I would be suspicious if i smelt fresh paint when viewing a house...

Leave a comment:

• ajwt2
    replied
    if you want to cover up pet smells that just get a small ozone generator or ioniser, they are pretty cheap and completely knock out that 'wet dog' smell!

Leave a comment:

• Nasika
    replied
    If the house is old new painting will really attract people. But be sure the painting will not fall down after 2 days

Leave a comment:

• juol7
    replied
    Really, does the paint cover up certain unwanted smells? If so, thanks for the advice. I'm planning on helping out a friend to sell her house.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X