Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting Ceilings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Ceilings

I have been watching alot of home improvement shows lately. I am loving them because I get a lot of good ideas from them. Lately I have seen where alot of them are painting the ceiling either the same color as the wall or in some cases a completely different color. I am thinking about doing this since we just bought our first home and our thinking about how we would like to redocorate rooms. Has anyone tried this and if so did you like the results? Thanks

Been looking at redecorating some of the rooms - but the real danger is that a relatively dark ceiling is really going to kill the sense of space and make the room feel smaller. Looking at our existing rooms, light colours seem especially useful here.

Comment

My little girl's room has a light blue ceiling with white fluffy clouds painted on. It's adorable. I didn't do it, so I can't give any how-to tips, but I really love the effect.

Comment

I would have to agree that you would not want to use a really dark color but I think a lighter color than the walls looks really good from what I have seen.

Comment

lol. Oh, I just remembered. My sister's first house was all painted a very light pastel yellow. And I mean, the WHOLE house. Walls, ceiling, everything. lol. It was a really nice look, at first. But, as she got settled in, she really missed having white ceilings. hehe. Unusual that someone would have painted all the ceilings like that.

Comment

Originally posted by tater03 View Post
            I have been watching alot of home improvement shows lately. I am loving them because I get a lot of good ideas from them. Lately I have seen where alot of them are painting the ceiling either the same color as the wall or in some cases a completely different color. I am thinking about doing this since we just bought our first home and our thinking about how we would like to redocorate rooms. Has anyone tried this and if so did you like the results? Thanks
            Hmmmm never though about that. There is a special thing for ceiling (don't know how it is called) it is sticked to ceiling and can be of different design, it is better then painting.
            http://www.bestmortgage-refinancing.us/

Comment

Re: Painting Ceilings

There is no specific set rules about painting the walls and ceilings. People usually paint the walls and the ceiling with the same color. However, you can use different colors for walls and ceiling according to your taste. Modern homes usually have a variety of colors on the walls and ceiling. The key is to have a balanced approach while selecting the colors.

Most people used to paint the ceilings white, no matter what color the walls. Try this: Add several drops of your wall color to white ceiling paint. The lighter shade makes the room feel taller, but the shade compliments the wall color and feels more professional.

Comment

Working...
              X