Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One quote or more??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One quote or more??

Never accept the first quote you receive....Always compare at least three.
    But remember....ASK Questions, What is included..Whats not...
    Always ask them if they can go through a "snagging" list too with you. (this is the list you make of what little bits need attention near the end of the work)

Going by "word of mouth" is NOT always as safe as it may seem, so if they quote you, you must see references and their portfolio.

Please Be Safe......

Good advice!

Comment

Yes good advice....also dont be afraid to negotiate.

You can often get the price down significantly by changing just small details. For example them using a slightly different material, offering your own manpoer if suitable, getting more than one job done at once and so on.
      Free UK Property Investment Seminar

Comment

Always get an itemized written quote before you let them start work. That way you have comeback if they try to charge extra at the end of the job.

Comment

I have to disagree about word of mouth on this, I think it can go a long way!

Comment

In this day and age no one only gets 1 quote, surely not!

Comment

My brain ends up swimming in quotes!
              100% Mortgage

Comment

Steve - good advice, but what may I ask caused this advice giving session?

Comment

Re: One quote or more??

I agree it is important to get more than one quote. Each company will offer something different that you may want as you do not always want to go for the cheapest but the product that you want.

Comment

I agree too you have to get an intemised quote and get them to commit to a definite date when the job will be finished as well.
                    Portugal Property for Sale

Comment

It's definitely true ... quotes and time spent on thinking about all the necessary works may also help to prioritise ...

Comment

Very good advice, I think portfolio and hidden costs are a must during negotiations!

Comment

Working...
                        X