Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best wall color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikejordan
    replied
    Re: What's the best wall color?

I personally like light white color on my walls. But in my opinion you should paint your walls according to your taste not according to our taste.

Leave a comment:

• steadblastseo
    replied

A monochromatic color scheme is simply using colors that are close in tone so that when the eye moves around the room it is continual and tricks you into believing there's more space than there in reality is.
    Last edited by steadblastseo; 03-10-2013, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• James1990
    replied

Yeah I see that color on many walls but honestly I don't like that color because there are many other colors which look much better then that color. I think you should consider about them.

Leave a comment:

• Evelyn Kelly
    replied

I do agree with everyone that its a matter of taste. In my experience I think light colors suit best for any home, so you should go for light colors and the colors you have suggested are best.

Leave a comment:

• gta123
    replied

A cream white brightens the room up a lot and gives it a cosy feeling.

Leave a comment:

• Evelyn Kelly
    replied

Really it depends on your taste. But I will suggest you bright colors because they brighten up the space and in my opinion I think green is the best to go with as it is a nature color and thus provides you a calm felling.

Leave a comment:

• Basement Conversion
    replied

Keep the wall simple by painting it white. Try the color that you but don't make it over highlighted.

Leave a comment:

• gta123
    replied

White is a great colour. It makes the room brighter so it gives this clean, spacious and refurbished look. If you watch "homes under the hammer" nearly all the houses are done in white and I do mean the whole house. It's defiantly down to weather your selling it. Some use a light but not bright yellow with a hint of orange to give the room a warm feeling. The three colours you shouldn't use are black, blue or green. Blue people see as a cold colour, green depending on it's tone can look retro and black just makes the room ridiculously dark. But it really is choise I have a bed room with a light blue and I mean white with a pinches of blue which doesn't feel cold but with a white ceiling.
    Last edited by gta123; 15-08-2013, 07:33 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Leave a comment:

• Lauren Addis
    replied

I will suggest you light colors and in my opinion light Green is the best. As this is the nature color and thus provides a calm feeling that everyone wants.

Leave a comment:

• Jenifferd4u
    replied
    Re: What's the best wall colour?

My choice is eggshell white colour. It looks better than bright white.

Leave a comment:

• isabellawilliams
    replied

If I were you then I would go for brighter white rather than egg shell white. Anyway it doesn't matter much for me whether it is egg shell white or brighter white, what I concern is "the color should be white".

I don't like yellow or other colors on the walls. White is the symbol of cleanliness and peace.

White is Best.
    Last edited by isabellawilliams; 04-06-2013, 07:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• New Homes Expert
    replied

House builders love "fifty shades of magnolia"

Me plain white is best, simple and clean.
    Not to mention classy!

Leave a comment:

• Andrew steven
    replied

It is depends on choice of every one but i prefer light green for my living room walls. It reflects positive energy.

Leave a comment:

• mamab
    replied
    If you plan on selling in the near future, I'd go with the eggshell white. You can always add accent colors. The good thing about white is that it goes with everything

Leave a comment:

• Property Mate
    replied
    brilliant white ceiling and magnolia walls softens the mood...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X