Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best wall color?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best wall color?

Everyone tells me that eggshell white is the best for wall color but I personally like a brighter white. What do you all think?

I think it's personal taste. I rather like a bright white depending on the room. Linen white was fashionable for a while but it doesn't age very nicely ...looks too yellow.

Comment

I have used magnolia and bright white together with caramels and deep reds on accent walls (kitchen and living space). Both worked well.

Comment

I would use white in the living room and the bedrooms, I would use brown in the kitchen wall. But it is all about personal taste.

Comment

I always used white when painting the walls. But lately I am finding myself using more colors on the walls and using white as an accent color. Never thought I would like the results but I am enjoying the colors throughtout the house.

Comment

Pale yellow.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I wonder if pale yellow would make for a cheery house since they say color affects your mood. Maybe even a bolder yellow would be nice?

Comment

wall color

I did my living room in a foe finish with an egg shell white and a light gold color. Except for one wall and I just painted it with the egg shel. It turned out really nice.

Comment

I think too bright of a yellow would be sort of off putting. Pale is better.

FWIW, I was in a house the other day that a friend of mine was doing up to rent out. It had been her mother's and needed a lot of cleaning and painting. The result is something worth noting ....because it was she and her sister, who don't agree on a lot. Some of the fix ups are really nice and others are really cheesy looking. Like a new stair banister which looks so cheap and like it came from a discount store, and it doesn't even work with the architectural style. I know it's just a rental, but that stuff drives me crazy!

Comment

It's a matter of taste actually. I prefer to have a lighter white on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by duck View Post
                      Everyone tells me that eggshell white is the best for wall color but I personally like a brighter white. What do you all think?
                      I like pale and neutral colors. When I first started decorating this house, I decided to do what I'd been seeing in magazines and on decorating shows with the really bright vibrant colors. It was a mistake because now when I have to change them, it will be difficult covering it. Luckily we'd only done a stairway and one spare room. Some people would like it, but it's just not for me.

Comment

White is always the best choice but it really depends on the owner and the decorations. I want the white colors to be accentuated with navy blue or some maroon colors.

Comment

brilliant white ceiling and magnolia walls softens the mood...

Comment

If you plan on selling in the near future, I'd go with the eggshell white. You can always add accent colors. The good thing about white is that it goes with everything

Comment

Re: What's the best wall color?

It is depends on choice of every one but i prefer light green for my living room walls. It reflects positive energy.

Comment

Working...
                              X