Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

higher ceiling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• higher ceiling

while i was websurfing i stumbled upon tips in making your ceiling visually higher ..besides painting it a lighter color than the color of your walls, you may also use a pendant light with a long stem since it tends to create an illusion that your ceiling is higher...you may also extend the color of your walls to the ceiling by painting the same color on the ceiling --about 2-6 inches i think...

Sounds like a nice idea - as we're about to redecorate the main bedroom, I may look at trying this out.

Comment

Interesting, Sweet Mayhem, I like the lighting idea. We live in an older home that already has tall ceilings but you can't get too tall in my mind and we are redoing a room so we might as well try it out.

Comment

I'm going to try the lighting thing. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Thank you so much for this tip. I have fairly low ceiling and I have always loved higher ceilings. I will have to try this tip. Thanks again.

Comment

high ceilings

I have always wanted higher ceilings in my bedroom. But had no idea on how to make them look higher. Thanks for the ideas.

Comment

It is definitely a good idea but would it not cost additional electricity cost? I think using the paint will do the trick as I really like high ceilings. It allows the air to circulate better.

Comment

Re: higher ceiling

You can take your ceiling color and carry it down onto your walls about a foot. This turns the ceiling into a sort of lid and the subtle color contrast between the lid and the walls will make the ceiling appear higher. This should only be done if the ceiling is painted a lighter hue of the wall color. Partial Ceiling Paint

If you do not want to paint the whole ceiling, consider painting only portions of it. Three large diamonds, a few circles, or other pattern can add visual interest to the room but will be easier to do than painting the entire ceiling.

Ceilings do not have to be boring or ignored. Use it to emphasize and enhance the d├ęcor of a room. Every time you lie in bed or on the couch, chances are you will be looking at the ceiling. Why not give yourself something to look at by adding a little style to the ceiling. After this has been done, you might be surprised at how things start looking up.

Comment

Working...
                X