Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worst trouble in housekeeping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst trouble in housekeeping

what is/was the worst trouble for you in housekeeping? i mean is/was it pests, keeping the fridge organized? please share your experience and if you did manage to solve your problem, please share your solution with us..thanks...

A funny one is if you get a new home with multiple en-suites. That means additional toilet cleaning and the like.

When we rented there were 3 toilets in the house - my girlfriend is so pleased that we only have two now.

Comment

For me, it's the kitchen because it gets so much use. I'm pretty neat and tidy about it all, but when you work at home, have dogs, and alot of people in and out, it's constant.

Comment

we have trouble, too, keeping order in our kitchen...my sister has trouble organizing the stuff inside the refrigerator and i find it hard keeping the floor neat at all times....

Comment

I find it hard to keep my whole house in organization!
          I have a 3 year old and a 15 year old brother livign with me as well as a partner!
          They dont help at all.
          So its all left down to me.
          Sometimes I will spend the whole day cleaning, only for them to return from school and work and then the next day to be back to normal again.
          It irrates me when this happens and puts me off doing it the next time!

Comment

Originally posted by destiny_star2006 View Post
            I find it hard to keep my whole house in organization!
            I have a 3 year old and a 15 year old brother livign with me as well as a partner!
            They dont help at all.
            So its all left down to me.
            Sometimes I will spend the whole day cleaning, only for them to return from school and work and then the next day to be back to normal again.
            It irrates me when this happens and puts me off doing it the next time!
            oh, that is really frustrating! have you talked to your 15-year old and your husband about this? they must really do their part in helping you out around the house.

Comment

I always talk to them about it, then they help for a little while and things slope again!
              I think its best if I just run away and then they may appreciate just exactly how much I do for them!

Comment

lol. what about giving them individual assignments? that way they will each feel a sole responsibility for the particular task he is assigned with. it may also help to write everything down and post them on a place which you all frequently see. of course, these are just suggestions, destiny.

Comment

It wont matter they will just say whats in it for me!
                  Just a pity I diddnt think like that or I would be waiting forever eh!

Comment

Hoovering! It's so simple, I know, but I need to hoover every day since I have wooden floors. I have animals that run around and carry bits of whatever here and there and it's so frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by destiny_star2006 View Post
                      It wont matter they will just say whats in it for me!
                      Just a pity I diddnt think like that or I would be waiting forever eh!
                      ah...that's just awful. i guess this is one of the things i should be ready for once i get married. this is a warning for me!

Comment

Pays to get a lightweight but strong vac for that ...I have the same problem. I've had Dysons, Orecks, etc., and it's the Oreck that I end up using the most. It's light enough that it's not a pain to get out.

I am so envious of a friend who has a central vac system in her house. Now that's easy!

Comment

house keeping

The most problem area in my house is my kitchen. It seens I just get done cleaning it and I turn my head and it is dirty again. It just seems like a never ending job.

Comment

I've always gotten problems in doing chores at home recently, I'm much too busy at work but my wife keeps it at bay.

Comment

Working...
                            X