Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sales Neg. Am I getting paid enough? Please help!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales Neg. Am I getting paid enough? Please help!!!!

Hi
    I work in Worcestershire as a sales negotiator for an independent estate agent. This is my first estate agency role and I have only worked here 9 months. However in that time I have taken the business new turnover levels and my manager is aware of what I am bringing to the role and I am aware of my importance to the company even in this short space of time. I am currently paid £13,500 basic salary and get 2% commission of our fee on a house that I sell. I believe that now I should be being paid more and was just wondering what you guys could tell me on what I should be getting paid. Looking forward to any replies

Thanks

Re: Sales Neg. Am I getting paid enough? Please help!!!!

I'm not in the property business so can't really comment as to what you should be paid but but as an example, over the last 18 months I've also looked at roles within estate agents in Cambridgeshire (where I live) and the "general" advert is normally anything between £15k - £20k depending on a minimum of 1 year experience with 1%-3% commission and therefore you are just below the minimum but as yet don't have the full years experience.

Are you on any form of training plan or salary structure? I'd suggest that you gather various evidence to justify why you should have a pay increase, continue to work as you have been, prove that you are fully focused on developing both yourself and the company, especially if it is a local independent agents, and then when you are close to your 1 year 'anniversary' you could then speak to the manager / owner and take it from there.

Comment

You are potentially below minimum wage if you do the usual long agency hours. However, you owe your employer a lot as he has taken you from novice to superstar in 9 months.

The market is buoyant currently so respectfully ask for a review as you have options if he declines. Just be careful not to be unkind on the way up, in case you meet them on the way down!
      Jonathan Rolande
      Director of House Buy Fast.
      The UK's Quick House Buying Company
      01903 331 588.

Comment

Hi

Your basic is around the right level but the commission of 2% of company earnings is well below what should be expected.

Most negotiators earn between 5%-15% of the estate agents invoice.

Comment

Working...
        X