Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estate Agent Negotiator Salary Structure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate Agent Negotiator Salary Structure

We are a letting agency about to enter the sales market which is mad where we are.
    I am having talks with a guy from an established agents about joining us but just wondered on other folks' ideas on salary structure for a 30 year old with 6/7 years experience.
    OK I know they would receive a basic but how much and what is the commission structure ? Can't very well ask other agents as they are unlikely to tell me anyway and if I ask this chap it's a very open question.
    We are based in Essex btw - 30 minutes from London.

Thanks

PaulCDH

Re: Estate Agent Negotiator Salary Structure

Hi Paul,

We are estate agents dealing in sales and lettings, previously i recruited for Countrywide in my senior role.

I would suggest a sensible basic salary (you will probably have an idea in your area) if he has no management experience maybe late teens to 20k if has management experience somewhere between 20 - 30k

A good agent will look do double their salary with commission and bonus - Traditional route is circa 5% office commission for a manager and less for a neg.

You may want to put a profit share in for end of the year 5-10% and even look at listing bonuses i.e. If you get 15 instructions in a month extra £200

You will probably have to give him an underwrite for the first 3 months while the pipeline builds (don't forget to put a clause in that if he leaves within 12 - 18 months he needs to pay this back).

The balance you need to strike is a good salary but one that motivates them to push themselves. Maybe ask what he is looking to earn and work it back from that.

feel free to private message me if you would like any further info.

Good luck!
    Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
    http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X