Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Want to Become an Estate Agent.. advice please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want to Become an Estate Agent.. advice please.

Hi All...
    Just joined the site in the hope that you good experienced peeps out there can give me a bit of advice to help me become an Estate Agent!!

Firstly would it be helpful to gain
    SCQF Level 6 Technical Award in Sale of Residential Property - Scotland??

Everywhere I have ever worked I have always been told I should be in sales...don't wish to blow my own trumpet but I am confident and have a gift of the gab and seem to be able to build a good rapport with anyone I meet...and I have always believed that people buy from people...treat people how you like to be treated and you cant fail, I really do believe 100% I will succeed and excel ..
    my background is Commercial Property Management, Asbestos Surveyor, IT Support, Network Engineer & Royal Air Force...but never Sales...so not easy getting my foot in the door anywhere, I know I will have to start at the bottom and work my way up, but that does not phase me as I feel I have all the attributes required to become an asset ....so in a nut shell...will doing the above course help??
    thanks for reading this.
    cheers
    Dave

Re: I Want to Become an Estate Agent.. advice please.

ADDITIONAL........Have no fear in trying to start up alone ...but could not afford the Remax Route!!

Comment

Hi there,

Just send your CV off to your local estate agents and im sure some will
      give you a call if they have any positions. I think there are some basic
      qualifications but its more about how you get along with people and
      getting those sales in

Ged
      http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
      [email protected]

Comment

Hi Ged

Thanks for your reply, I will defo give it a shot,

I am also Seriously thinking of starting up myself.....

Dave
        good karma

Comment

You should hand deliver your CV to local agents, if you sell yourself to them, they’ll know you could sell a house too!

Good luck.
          Jonathan Rolande
          Director of House Buy Fast.
          The UK's Quick House Buying Company
          01903 331 588.

Comment

Hi Glasgowgolfer - Do it, its hard work and great fun. You meet some wonderful people. I have been in estate agency for a number of years (close to 20) and have worked for large corporates, small independents and of course my own agency. I have recruited and interviewed probably hundreds of people. And the best have always been the ones without formal qualifications in agency (by all means get them but dont rely on them). I would suggest calling an agent, find out when the manager will be in, dress in a suit and hand deliver your cv with a covering letter. maybe even say to him you will call him in a couple of days to see if you can arrange an interview. Hopefully they will call you but if not call them. As another poster said if you can sell yourself well you can probably sell houses! Best of luck to you!
            Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
            http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X