Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fees

Hello .Has anyone any experiance of this .We put our house up for sale with a certain agent who arranged 4 or 5 viewings ,We cancelled after 3 months giving the correct notice etc and put the house on the mrket with another agent .Finally sold after 6 months but now the original agent is claiming a lot of dosh in fees as one of the viewings they arranged eventually bought the house .They are saying they introduced the buyer and contracts were exchanged within 6 months of us cancelling .My argument is the lady who bought the house showed no interest in buying after the first viewing .The agent is saying she put in an offer which we accepted but this is not the case as we have no letters from the showing this .Any advice ?
    Hope this makes sense

Re: Fees

Hi birb,

We are estate agents and as an estate agent we are bound by certain laws.

If we receive an offer on a property we must inform all parties of the offer in writing within 48 hours. So my first question to the agent is "Do you have proof of that" and most estate agents use a computer system which time dates letters sent and content. if they have said they have sent them ask for proof.

The next thing I would check out is what is known as the "Foxtons Ruling" in a very quick break down of the rule this says that a seller only pays the agent that gets the effective, acceptable offer, which means even if another estate agent showed the property to a purchaser if the second agent achieves the acceptable offer you pay them (check this out I am not a solicitor but I am fairly certain)

The third thing I would suggest (and probably fairest) is ask both the estate agents to split 1 commission.

If the first estate agent is a corporate estate agent maybe ask to speak to the area / regional manager about it as they do not want complaints.

Good luck with sorting it out
    Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
    http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

Re: Fees

Hi Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
      X