Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estate Agent bullys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate Agent bullys

Hello, I have a serious problem. I rent a room in a house (actually a loft conversion). My Landlord is selling the house with OakHill estate agents, Isleworth, and they have complained to him about the state of my room, saying it is messy. This is despite me cleaning it the day before any viewings. They have now taken it off the market because of it. I spent a whole Friday evening cleaning the bathroom, making the bed, picking up bits from the floor and making sure the room was in a good condition.

They also complained that I was present when prospective buyers were viewing the house. On previous occasions, I have had no warning and the agents have bought people round. They always complain afterwards about the state of the room and the fact that I am present.

I pay rent to the Landlord (who also lives in the house) to stay in the room, so I am LIVING in it. I get the impression the agents want me to leave.

Is there anything I can do about their behavior? I am trying to buy a flat nearby but it wont be completed until July/August. I think I am going to be homeless.

Re: Estate Agent bullys

While you have a tenancy agreement in place you have the right to present your room how you choose.

Also depending on your contract you can also refuse access to your room for viewings if you feel it is inconvenient.

My advice though is that the landlord is going to sell either way and usually if you help the landlord they are often more helpful towards you in terms of a discount before leaving or an slightly extended lease to help you.

Comment

Sounds a difficult situation, as an estate agent dealing in both sales and lettings I can understand the estate agent would prefer to have an empty clean room to show but they must also take into account you live there. As a lodger unfortunate you do not have the same rights as a tenant. However the estate agent should still work with you so you both get the best outcome. I suggest calling the estate agents and speaking to your landlord and ask for at least 24 hours notice as this is not unreasonable, Maybe also ask if they can keep the viewings to one day a week, maybe Saturdays? we find this works well in busy houses. Good luck!
      Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
      http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

Contact your local realtor he will help you to find a good property near by your location.

Comment

You can report them to their company then if not speak with ARLA (Association of Registered Letting Agents) and tell them what your problem is and they will look into it.

Ged
          http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
          [email protected]

Comment

They sound very unreasonable Contact the estate agents and explain the situation. If you have allready done that than put it in writing to them via email. good luck.
            Block Management Company - Property Management Services

Comment

<double post>
              Last edited by Jeff Djevdet; 09-03-2015, 03:46 PM.
              Jeff Djevdet
              Director of Speed Property Buyers.
              The UK’s Favourite Property Buyers
              01903 331 599.

Comment

Insist they give you proper notice and they can’t insist you leave the house either! Whilst there are usually two sides to any story, the impression you give is that they are being unpleasant.
                Jeff Djevdet
                Director of Speed Property Buyers.
                The UK’s Favourite Property Buyers
                01903 331 599.

Comment

Working...
                X