Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evidence of other offers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence of other offers?

Can someone please tell me if I can request evidence that another offer has been placed? We recently put in an offerer for a property that has been empty for a while and failed to sell at auction, the estate agent told us that week he was having a meeting with the owners and that the outcome was positive, it's been 3 weeks since we put in the offer to be told on Friday that a cash buyer has materialised and we would have to put in a significant counter offer to beat them??!! Do things usually take this long?

Re: Evidence of other offers?

Also meant to say no chain involved on our part

Comment

Re: Evidence of other offers?

Hi,

As an Estate Agent we are bound by law to put offers forward to the owner right up to the point of exchange.

In regards to should you be told, its really about treating customer fairly. If an offer came in I should disclose that an offer has come in but not how much. I would question why the agent has taken 3 weeks to accept or decline an offer. They should have sent you a letter confirming your offer has been made. A copy goes to the seller.

Best advice I can give without knowing all the ins and outs is pop in and have a friendly chat with the agent and see what the problem is. If they like you and want to work with you, may find they are more helpful

Good Luck with your purchase!
      Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
      http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X