Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fake letting agency ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake letting agency ?

Hi Folks,

Hopping someone can help me.

I am moving to the UK with my company and after viewing a few properties we found some where that suited out needs on rightmove.co.uk . Long story short we put down a 200 holding fee as we where is a hurry to get a flight home. Which is fine but looking at the business card today I noticed the email is marked out and a different email giving.I checked the company and it is registered under a different business name and when checking its details with its company number its accounts are showing as follows

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/08/2012 (DORMANT)

I was going to write a cheque with first months rent and a security deposit and post tomorrow to move in at the end of the month but I am little concerned about it now. Any one got any advice on this. They have 3 properties on right move at the moment and all were listed within a week of each other

Re: Fake letting agency ?

...well, there are plenty of reasons why they could have changed thier number on the cards or their company name but since they are listed on rightmove, which isn't exactly cheap to advertise on, they are likely a legit agency but I dunno for sure.

try contacting rightmove themselves to investigate maybe?

Comment

Re: Fake letting agency ?

Whats the name or website of this agency? i suggest you do some DD on them just to be sure, remember dont go for something you dont feel comfortable with

Comment

Working...
      X