Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this fair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this fair?

We want to buy a house - presumably the agents want to sell it... we were the first to view it (Saturday) and we put in our opening offer on Monday, expecting it to be declined and then we'd enter into negotiation...

We were told there were 7 more viewings lined up for Monday and Tuesday...

We heard nothing... Tuesday morning we chased the agent... nothing, Tuesday evening we chased the agent and were told, thank you for our offer but the property would continue to be marketed for 2 weeks at which time all offers on the table would be reviewed!

There have been no other offers from the 7 viewings that we're aware of, yet they still intend to sit on ours and use it as leverage to get a 'better' offer for the next 2 weeks... how can this be fair?

If you ask me it's morally and ethically wrong.

If it were any other house I'd probably walk away but unfortunately its on a particular road that we want to be on. So now we have to sit and wait and hope...

I guess this is not really a question but a rant. Can they do this though?

Re: Is this fair?

Yes they can. If this is a repossession it should be advertised for at least 2 weeks until offers are considered. If it is a sale for a private vendor then they must take their instructions. 7 viewings in a couple of days sounds as if they have got a bit of interest and in this instance I would be recommending to my seller to wait and see. You are of course at liberty to increase your offer. If this is a sale by a private vendor and you had put in a realistic offer in the first place then they might have accepted it. It might not seem fair to you but it is fair to the seller.

Comment

Working...
    X