Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sole or Multi Agency??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sole or Multi Agency??

Im sole agency at the moment, out of my sign-up period, there is nothing wrong with them really, but as the market has slowed down, I was wondering if it would give me a chance of selling it. i know there are agents on here and was wondering what they thought about multi agency and everybody else as well.

Originally posted by altafica View Post
    Im sole agency at the moment, out of my sign-up period, there is nothing wrong with them really, but as the market has slowed down, I was wondering if it would give me a chance of selling it. i know there are agents on here and was wondering what they thought about multi agency and everybody else as well.
    If you go multi-agency can you negoiate their commission?

The up side is that the agency might work harder, but I guess the downside is that one or both sides might just give up... and relay on the other of sell it, surely.... especially in a downturn.

Comment

I am hoping that the agent I am with, will be ok with the multi agency, I have yet to tell him! The new agent came today and was happy with a multi agency, and seemed eager to take me on. The original EA should be ok as they have done all the hard work, and I am buying from them also. I hope that it will give them a kick up the bum.

Comment

I would definately recommend a multi agency. The key is to ensure that all the agents you have working for you are working as hard as you want them to. A good standard of service from an estate agent would be if they called you at least weekly with a marketing update, e.g. How many people have looked at your property on the internet site? How many people have they given out the property details to? What feedback have they got from viewers etc. Keep on your estate agents backs to make sure they are earning their money.
        Also remember, that you could also advertise your property privately as well as using an estate agent. Use your local press, commission a for sale board or consider an internet site like the one my husband runs - you cold save a fortune.
        Last edited by 4gettheagent.co.uk; 31-10-2007, 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Please all beware; check your contract before selling your property privately or online, the agent may be entitled to the fee!!! An estate agent has recently won a case at court with an online agency that sold a property, saying that they acted as an estate agent. Which contravened the sole agency agreement?

Multi is good but sole agent is better if instructing just two agents. if you are outside your agency agreement then gently mention this with them, explaining that you still want them to sell it but do not want to loose out on the one that you are purchasing. Talk to other agents and ask them to join the search for a buyer, if you are on with a large corporate then ask a smaller independent, vice versa.

You shouldn’t pay anymore, the agents pay up front for all the cost, so if they decline they will not receive anything, they should want to recoup some of the expenditure.

If you need any further help, we can act on your behalf.

Kind Regards

Bonetti Property Consultants
          Regards

bonettipropertyconsultants.co.uk

Comment

As long as you use a single big estate agency that also lists your property on various online property sites, I think that's enough - maybe 2 but no more than that

Comment

always multi agency. be careful to check the contract before signing.

Comment

It depends on how fast you want to sell. If you need a quick sale go for multi. If you can hang on go for a single large agency then use 2-3 if you have no luck.
                Portugal Property for Sale

Comment

There's only value in going multi-agency if there's a real and perceivable difference between the two agents, and their marketing approaches.

If they're both local firms, on your local high street, with their own websites, who advertise in the same local papers, and who both put their properties on Rightmove, then what's to distinguish one from the other?

Comment

NEVER ever go SOLE, it makes no sense. Agents won't go through any more trouble for you because its sole, they either have a buyer or not, period.

Comment

Working...
                    X