Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 adults attempting to rent a house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Homes Expert
    replied
    Re: 5 adults attempting to rent a house?

Why not use those with the best credit rating for the paperwork.

Leave a comment:

• Sean.
    replied
    Re: 5 adults attempting to rent a house?

I'm a property land lord - Ive owned 20 over 7 years - I carry out a basic credit check and im happy to take 2 on the tenancy agreement.

Talk your worries through with the agent - honesty is always the best policy.

Leave a comment:

• Natty2310
    started a topic 5 adults attempting to rent a house?

5 adults attempting to rent a house?

There is 5 of us planning to move out to a rented house to attempt to clear any debt out of our lives and to build up deposit for a future mortgage. There is myself and my partner with our newborn baby, my sister and her other half, and my mother.
    However I know at estate agents, they do credit checks on you. Me and my partner have fair credit, enough to manage to obtain finance for a car in October 2012. My mother however, has a very poor credit rating. She has 3 defaults and late payments on accounts (hence why we are moving in together, to help her pay off her debt), However, she has never been late paying her own rent in the 10 years she's lived at her house.
    We're not quite sure what my sister and her other half's credit is going to be like yet, but we will be checking soon. I know my sister has made late payments recently but she has also paid off all her debt after the late payments. Her other half hasn't actually got much of a history as he hasn't really used credit.
    What is the likelihood of passing a credit check at the estate agents? Is it easier passing it than getting finance for a car for instance?
    Also, if me and my partner pass the credit check, but the others don't, would they still consider us to rent the house because the two of us have passed?
    The house we are looking at is £900 a month and the income that we all receive together is £60000 a year, so there is NO WAY that we will be missing a payment and will always be able to pay the bills.
Working...
X