Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting a career in Estate Agency.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a career in Estate Agency.

As the title suggests, I'm extremely keen in getting a job within the property sector.

I'm 19 years old and currently living within North/West Wales, and since leaving school I've been interested in property.

Perhaps, not the best time for me to try and get a job in this current climate - I know, however some general advise would be helpful!

I left school at 16, with the intention of starting a legal executive course within a local firm of Solicitors, after working there for a few months, I soon realised the legal side wasn't where I wanted to be, and found myself drawn towards the Estate Agents office next door! I completed two weeks works experience in a local firm of Estate Agents and loved every minute of it, however, now I've started searching for jobs, I've noticed a good 90% include in the description;

'Previous sales experience essential'.

I just really wanted to know how easy it is going about getting into this sector of work, do I need previous sales experience, and any general advise which is useful for me!

Many thanks!

Re: Starting a career in Estate Agency.

Just get your foot in the door. If you can get more work experience I would certainly do this to build up the CV.

Comment

It will be a great to start a career in Real estate agency where we can make money in short period of time.Many Institutes and Universities which runs real estate courses so people can go at there to learn about that.

Comment

Find a different career path if you like sales and have an ethical view to life then estate agent isn't that, my unfortunate experince of dealing with these people over the past few years have made me sure that the current "estate agent" will be outlawed and swamped with legislation by the government in the same way as the bankers, don't go there.

Comment

Its all depends on you..if u are passionate to build career in estate agency then you should go for that there is nothing wrong on this field.

Comment

Right! It may not be that easy to stand out in real estate market but still I'm associated with a real estate company and trust me it feels great! So just follow your dreams. Try to do more reading about real estate business and drop your cv in every real estate company you can reach. Just be active on this field. That should work for you.

Comment

Hi,

As an estate agent myself when hiring, first impressions count!

Estate agency is tough so you need to be confident, well presented, articulate, hard working, likable and have a driving licence.

I would suggest visiting your local agents looking your best and hand deliver your CV and tell them you will call them on a set time and day to follow up.

You are selling yourself much like selling a house or their company to possible sellers.

Good Luck, lets us know how you get on!
              Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
              http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X