Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need good advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need good advice

Hi all

I've been a leaseholder for 5 years, we found out last year that housing association who own the freehold are planning on selling the building as is doesn't come up to housing standards, they need to make money etc, it's also Grade II listed. There are currently 3 tenants left, one is housing association and will be moved on! I was gutted when we found out, I live in a beautiful home and location. I worry whether they will sell without tenants, thats looking the likely scenario. On the other hand I also worry about if they sold with tenants!
    So where do I stand financially? do they offer market value or are we able to ask for more? the problem I have is our property is very unique and would struggle to find somewhere else that would compare, I just don't know what to think. We have an estate agent coming soon to look at the flats, with our permission. I know it's going to take a while to happen so it feels like living in limbo right now. Is it worth me getting legal advice?? I don't know anyone who's been in this position before.

Any advice would be appreciated greatly.
Working...
X