Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

online estate agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online estate agents

Hello all,

Anyone used any of the many online estate agents that have cropped up? If so, any feedback (good or bad) or tips about using them?

In this here part of north-west London, two 'traditional' agents have quoted 2.5% plus VAT which would be the best part of 7k when all is said and done. A lot of money. If I can reasonably do the same job for a few hundred pounds, then infinitely preferable.

Cheers for any advice
    Mike

Re: online estate agents

Hi Mike,

Yes Estate Agents asks for a fortune, I would like to suggest you (As you Stated) Yes you should try Private Property Selling website what you may call Online Estate Agents. You can put an advertise of your property on the private property selling website for a fraction of amount, less than £30 a month. The good thing is when you put the advert the host website will do the rest of the work for you. I think..This is not my personal experience.

One of my friend used this and found very helpful. I can state the site he used to post his property. He used The Little House Company

You can give it a try and see what happens.

Best of luck

Comment

Ok to do this if you:

a) have a realistic idea of the value of your property; and
      b) know what to ask potential buyers about the chain they are in and/or their ability to obtain their required mortgage; and
      c) understand the buying and selling process sufficiently to make sure the transaction goes through.

Online estate agents rarely can do this. Good high street ones can.
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Youb can geta valaution for your home using Zoopla or many many others online. You acn ebven get a local estate agent to valuae your home fro free. You don't need to appoint them! Simples!

Good:
        Online agents save you a small fortune.
        You are not giving money to a greedy lair in a sharp suit.
        Your home will be marketed on a nationwide basis not just locally.
        You are in control

Bad:
        You need to do the work (details, viewings) , such as it is.
        BRAND NEW HOMES
        Information for UK new home buyers
        New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

If you want to get a real agent then I can suggest.

Comment

Real estate business is one of the most booming business and there are many people who wants to become a real estate agent who should have an expert kind of knowledge about real estate property.Also they help you to find out best as well as suitable property and guide you about that.Many of them has their own website so people can contact them at online.

Comment

There are agents out there who offer full service estate agency but for a sensible fee.

Comment

Working...
              X