Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help been threatened with court action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help been threatened with court action

Hi all I'm just a new member so hopefully someone can help, my flat got put on the Market of march this year and came off the middle of October, as we were really keen to sell fast as I just had a baby and with two kids needed more space, and the estate agent had only got me one viewing in this time in august who put in an offer but was well under asking price I declined,then I decided to take off the Market which cost me 840 pounds, then 2 weeks later speaking to my mortgage advisor he introduced me to another of his clients who was looking for property to buy so he made me a good offer I accepted his offer and had to get an up to date home report then the company that done my refresher sent it too estate agent that I was on the Market with which I don't even know is legal, they are now saying the guy who came to view the flat is the one buying it which is not the case and they are taking me to court this is very stressful and my lawyer is currently dealing with it can anyone help or been in my shoes before thanks guys.

Re: Need help been threatened with court action

If the buyer is definitely not the one who offered previously then you are ok and nothing to pay. If he is the same person then you probably will have to pay the sales fee, depending on the wording of your agreement.
    The Home Report refresh going to the 'ex' agent is probably because they were the ones who instructed it originally. I'm not sure where you stand on that but if it is the case the offeror is new then it doesn't really matter. Hopefully your solicitor will sort it out.

Comment

Re: Need help been threatened with court action

Thank you, it is a totally different person buying my flat, not the one the estate agent introduced us to we are due to move tomorrow and not heard from estate agents all week so fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
      X