Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally Corrupt Estate Agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally Corrupt Estate Agent

I was unfortunate enough to have some dealings with a very corrupt and untrustworthy estate agent regarding a couple of properties. The estate agent offered me a property which sounded very interesting. The agent said the seller would accept a knock down price but needed my card details for his fees. He stated that no payment would be taken at this stage so I felt it was ok to give my card details. Anyway he then proceeded to take 10% on my card without any written or verbal agreement. I contacted my bank immediately but they are unwilling to help as they stated this was my fault for giving out my card details. The estate agent is now saying that the conversation we had never happened and he is refusing to return the money. The police / authorities are also saying it's a civil matter so they can't get involved. I don't know where to turn. Can the financial & property ombudsman do anything to get my money back?

Rgs
    John
Working...
X