Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving Back To The UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Back To The UK

I am new to the forum as I currently live in Qld,Australia. I am British and came over here with my husband 5 years ago for his job. We relocate back to the UK in the next 6 weeks. The only downside is me giving up my job. I am a school teacher by trade but on arriving in Aus I retrained as a Licensed Real Estate Agent. I hold a full licence which allows me to do the same duties as a Principal and absolutely love the industry. I have worked alongside our Broker for the last 4 years and prepare all the sales contracts as well as showings, appraisals and working on the Property Management side.

We will be moving to the Midlands as that is where his new job is based. Obviously I understand that I am going to have to retrain but have always kept up to date with te economy, finance and current market conditions!

Does anyone know of the kind of agencies I should be approaching or is it a waste of time until I have a better understanding of the British market. I would ideally love to stay on the Admin side (a more Senior office role/PA) as that is what I do now.

I have excellent references off lawyers, valuers and of course my Principal. My apologies for sending such a random message but I have to start somewhere!

Any help will be appreciated

Kat

Re: Moving Back To The UK

Katk, I'm sorry you haven't had a sensible response to your question. I'm not an estate agent but I'm guessing that in most parts of the UK, the business is under pressure because of the general uncertainty about the economy and because of the real patchiness of the housing market in different areas of the country. This would explain why no one has offered you any advice; none of us know where the economy is headed next. Presumably you are now back in the UK - and I hope your relocation went smoothly - but your best bet is probably to approach estate agents directly to see whether they are recruiting and whether your skills and qualifications are directly transferable. Good luck.

Comment

Kat, I would suggest looking for potential real estate roles on some leading UK search engines like on Adzuna, Monster, TotalJobs, etc. Vis-a-vis other job types, it does look somewhat smaller, but with the number of estate agents out there and your experience, with time, you should find something. Good luck!

Comment

Hi Kat,
        Estate agents are still recruiting and many of them have vacancies links on their websites. Decide on your preferred geographic area and search for agents via google, rightmove etc etc.
        Good luck and welcome back to Blighty.
        Peter

Comment

Working...
        X