Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renting

Hi all
    I am moving into a rental property on the 9/1/12 the agent says I have to pay for the property from the 1st of the month is this allowed as I thought you pay from the date of moving in 9th - 9th each month.Also they want to charge me £180 + 80 to do a credit check on me & my partner despite the fact we have being paying £850m for the last 8 yrs with out missing a payment or any late payment.I have reference to support this.
    Pls advise
    ady

Re: Renting

You are charged from the date of signing, though actual payment date can be negotiable.

They should not, IMO, be charging you for the credit check - firstly, because they gets their fees directly from the fees charged to the landlord; secondly, a credit check costs, like, £5.

Comment

Re: Renting

I think it depends on the level of check what the costs are, also the ref checks isn't just about a on-line credit check there is a lot more work involved.

Comment

Working...
      X