Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advertising non-existant properties?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising non-existant properties?

Twice in the last week I've enquired about properties advertised to rent with different agencies. One claimed they had no record of the property in question even though it was advertised on their website and rightmove. The second claimed the property had already gone even though it was still advertised on rightmove and their own website as still available. Both are still advertised a few days later.
    The agencies seem to brush aside your request and get all your details promising to call back with suitable properties (we have yet to hear back from either).
    I'm getting the impression that the properties were never available in the first place, but can't imagine what the agencies would have to gain by doing this. Either they're terribly inefficient or have some sort of weird reason for falsely advertising, although I can't imagine what it would be. Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

Re: Advertising non-existant properties?

It is just the same with RECRUITMENT AGENCIES advertsing non-existant jobs on online job boards just to get your CV and details.

It makes no sense at all really but they ALL do it!
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Yes, I've heard that complaint about recruitment agencies as well. With either, it's !"£$%&* irritating!

Comment

They do it to fill up their data base to which they then spam email with complete disregard. Very annoying
        Large mortgages and High Net Worth Mortgages from enness private clients

Comment

It's really a confusing situation. I don't have any good idea how to overcome it actually, But wish you best of luck.

Comment

Resistance is useless!
            BRAND NEW HOMES
            Information for UK new home buyers
            New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
            X