Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing The Right Agent Is Key To A Successful Property Transaction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing The Right Agent Is Key To A Successful Property Transaction

Fully-qualified, professional estate agents have all the right knowledge and tools at their disposal to sell a property and to achieve the best possible price in the shortest possible time.

Other factors that should be considered before choosing an agent to market the property include:
    Local knowledge: how long has the agent worked in your area? Is he au fait with local market conditions?
    Does the agent have a valid Fidelity Fund Certificate? Buyers and sellers should ask to see this as it is illegal for agents to practice without one.
    Is the agent fully qualified? The industry has standards with which agents have to comply.
    Where and how often do they advertise your property for sale?
    Is the agent willing to put your house on show?
    Does the agent consistently sell property?

The importance of estate agents and the agency for whom they work having valid Fidelity Fund Certificates cannot be over-emphasised. Although the public has, in recent times, become more aware of the importance of dealing with a professional agent, very few ask to see evidence that the agent is legally registered.

What are other factors to look for especially when it comes to Estate Agents that show fraudulent behaviour?
    Michelle Alden- Property to Rent

Re: Choosing The Right Agent Is Key To A Successful Property Transaction

Does the agent have a valid Fidelity Fund Certificate?
    What's this?

Although the public has, in recent times, become more aware of the importance of dealing with a professional agent, very few ask to see evidence that the agent is legally registered.
    Registered where?

Don't they annoy you these posts referring to presumably US information on a UK website?
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

They most certainly do Richard!

The ones I hate the most are where the poster has no genuine desire to be helpful but merely advertising their own company

Comment

Looks like a South African business to me judging by the .co.za website address and the location showing as Johannesburg.

It can be annoying (and also potentially confusing and misleading) when posts from other countries appear on forums such as this but I guess that's the global nature of the internet at work.

I agree with Kaz; it's not so much international postings that annoy me, although it would be nice if they were to clearly specify which country their information relates to (especially when that information could be misleading to those in other countries), but its those that are only here to advertise their own businesses without adding any value to the community that I get frustrated by.

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X