Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avoiding estate agent fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding estate agent fees

What is the best method of selling your house?

Re: Avoiding estate agent fees

The best method to sell your house is to have a real estate agent because they know the trend of marketing your property.

Comment

The best method to sell your house is to have a real estate agent because they know the trend of marketing your property.
      Much better to have a real one than an imaginary one!

Why do we keep getting these Americanisms?
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

I've been using an internet based Agent called "The House Network" for marketing my property.
        They seem pretty good, and a heck of a lot cheaper than high street agents.

Been getting just as many viewers as when marketed with a normal agent. They advertise on Rightmove as well.

Comment

Selling a house isn't just finding a buyer who will offer you an acceptable price - it is making sure that that buyer will be able to go ahead.

Do House Network check the buyer's ability to get a mortgage and any chain of transactions beneath him?
          RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
          As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Sorry, i don't know if this is the best thread but has anyone else noticed the staggering increase in estate agent fees when renting property now? on top of the standard one month's rent and diposit they want to charge me nearly an extra grand - for what? estate agent fees likie printing a few letters and stuff. is there any way to avoid these? thanks for your help

Comment

Hi jTrader

You might also like to consider selling privately using websites like Sarah Beeny's 'Tepilo'. It free for you to use, and you wouldnt need to use an estate agent at all!

The only issue is that you'd have a greatly reduced audience when it comes to selling your home, and you'd have to arrange and conduct viewings yourself. Worth a thought.

Cheers

Dan
              Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

To be honest I believe in letting a mechanic repair my car, a hairdresser do my hair and a doctor burn my warts off.

I could do all the above things myself but..................................

Comment

Originally posted by Austrianretreats View Post
                  To be honest I believe in letting a mechanic repair my car, a hairdresser do my hair and a doctor burn my warts off.

I could do all the above things myself but..................................
                  I agree. There are so many things/people to juggle when selling a house. I hate admin fees (£20 for a 5p sheet of paper to be printed!), but the percentage is worth having no hassle... if they're any good of course. Mine was so I was lucky I guess.

Comment

I think its probably best to ask around to find friends or family who ahve dealt with certain estate agents before and have good experiences with them, the online agents sounds good and everything is done online these days and alot of people search online for property and photos's before going to highstreet estate agents..
                    We have debt solutions to help you get out of debt problems

Comment

All high street agents have good and bad reviews about them with dealing with so many clients, cant please everyone can you. If you are using a local agent make sure they are on plenty of property portals. Online-only agents are coming into their own too now with such a high percentage of potential buyers using rightmove/find a property etc
                      Anthony
                      Compare the Mortgage Market
                      http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Asking friends for advice is a good idea if you want to find a reliable estate agent. It's true that there can always be someone dissatisfied with the service, but at least you find out if the company is honest and fair. Online search is also good, especially if you want to compare prices and check out the market.

Comment

Personal recommendation is always a good route and price is not always the best indication of how good the agent is. You can always try a 'no sale no fee' agent for their 3 month contract period and if you do not find much interest then you can always go dual agent or switch to another one.
                          Anthony
                          Compare the Mortgage Market
                          http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Have you tried a online property directory? alot of them will keep your property advertised on there until it is sold for a flat rate fee. At least it gets your property out there online into the marketplace and gives it greater exposure

Comment

We put our property for sale with Henley & Jones. They are a traditional estate agent and an internet estate agent. We could have paid 0.75% commission on sale but chose the special £200 deal. They produced a professional brochure and only when we were happy we had to pay £200. The property went live the next day on major websites including Rightmove. We sold the house in less than two months at a great saving. agents in our town generally charge 1.50% so we save around £3000.

Comment

Working...
                              X