Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planing to buy a house in the UK - how to find an agent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planing to buy a house in the UK - how to find an agent?

Hello,

how do I find a good estate dealer in the UK? Here in germany I know the "game" but in the UK its new for me :-( What should I look for?

Thanks
    Johann

Re: Planing to buy a house in the UK - how to find an agent?

The simple answer is that you don't.

If you want to buy a house or a flat you look on Rightmove etc and then contact the estate agents that happen to be selling the places you are interested in. If you want to buy a particular property you have to contact the estate agents who are selling it, you have little choice. However they do not act for you but for the seller.

You will then need a surveyor to advise you about he physical condition of the property and a solicitor to advise you about the legal matters relating to it.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Hello Johann,

Looking for property in UK.You wondering for real estate agent, for that internet is your best friend.
      Search using location then you will get nearest dealer for you. Also search for property Management Company.

Comment

Also search for property Management Company.
        If you are buying a house why do you need to do this?
        RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
        As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Richard is right Johann.

If you are buying a property in the UK then it's the property that you need to find, not the agent.

Search online on Rightmove, Findaproperty, Zoopla etc (try them all - not all properties for sale are on every one of the portal websites so you may be missing out by only using one or two) and also register your requirements with as many agents as possible that sell property in the area where you want to buy.

You don't need one agent working for you - you need as many as possible to have the best chance of finding what you want.

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X