Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tradesman prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradesman prices

Hi all,

Im hoping one of you can help me. I run a small Property Maintenance business and I have recently quoted to do some work for an estate agent.

Most of my work is in the dommestic market which I have no problem quoting but recetly when I gave my quote to an estate agent I was told that my price was too high.

Can anyone give me an idea as to what price an estate agent should expect to pay for the following work?

Paint 1 bedroom flat (walls, ceilings, skirting and architrave)

Paint 2 bedroom flat (walls, ceilings, skirting and architrave)

Any advice would be gratefully apreciated as the regular work would be very beneficial to my business.

thanks

Re: Tradesman prices

I don't think it's possible for anyone to speak for Estate Agents in general and give a definitive figure. There's no standard cost an Estate Agent is willing to pay.
    As with your other customers the cost can only be as much as they are willing to pay. If the Estate agent is an opportunity for on going business then reduce your cost to ensure you still make money but so they also feel they are getting a good price.

This is surely a situation you must have came across previously in Business.

Comment

I think you have to know what kind of daily wage rate you're prepared to work for, add the materials you expect to use and then charge that amount. If the agent doesn't like it, go elsewhere. A fair day's work for a fair day's pay is my motto. If your pricing is fair and competitive, the agent will be back.

I wouldn't advise going in with a lowball figure either just to get the work as that will set the rates and standards for future jobs and the agents will come to expect that all the time. Go in reasonable and stick to your guns.

Comment

Charge what you generally would for a job (either day rate or job as a whole) don't charge the Estate Agent any more or less than you usually would. Hopefully they wont try to make a profit out of you by charging the house owner any more - we never did when I worked as an estate agent.
        Looking for a large mortgage?

Comment

Working...
        X