Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling part Exchange- do I need an estate Agent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling part Exchange- do I need an estate Agent?

Hi all,

First post so go easy on me!

I am in the midst of looking at going from a two bed house to a 4 bed, and the opportunity to part ex has arisen.

My question is: I have not listed with an Estate Agent (I did this on purpose in case the part ex deal came off) Do I require an Estate Agent to buy/sell a house, or can I cut them out altogether, and as a consequence have no estate agent fees?

Thanks
    Shaun

Re: Selling part Exchange- do I need an estate Agent?

No need for an agent as you already have a buyer as long as you are happy with the deal you have made and the price you are getting. All you need is a solicitor to do the legals.

Comment

You don't need an estate agent, but do ensure you have a good solicitor to explain any legal issues or procedures that come with selling a property.
      Looking for a large mortgage?

Comment

you dont need a estate agent just a solicitor

Comment

Using the services of a real estate agent will save you a lot of trouble and time, but in the end you'll have to pay the fees. You should consider if its worth it.

Comment

If the seller is using an agent then in practice that agent will liaise with everyone because he will need to talk to the buyer and his solicitors in relation to the sale that he is dealing with.

As others have said there is no real point in the "buyer" having an agent to deal with the part exchange of his property. This is a UK website and it is very rare for a buyer to have an agent working for him.
            RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
            As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

I agree with the comments above, estate agents are great if you live miles from the property or don't feel confident talking price with potential purchases but considering the huge saving that can be made by advertising yourself I would definately have a go yourself.

Estate agents whilst conducting the admin work and viewings are in my opinions effectively 'switch boards' for telephone calls and messages ... I guess the question is, would you pay a couple of £000 for someone to forward your phone calls for a few weeks?

Comment

Working...
              X