Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

Hi,just a bit of advice please.I enlisted an estate agent to sell my property,as usual he had all the patter and valued my property at £235000,however it took awhile to sell and in the end i accepted £230000.ive just got in and opened a letter from them saying that the fee would be £4570+vat which i feel is steep this wasnt the fee i calculated and havent got the contract to hand(missus files everything) my question is as im porting my mortgage with the same mortgage company they are taking the equity(£15000) as a deposit which leaves me with nothing in the kitty,obviously ill contend the agents fee but if they dont budge can i pay them in installments as i only have about £3500 many thanks in advance for any advice

Re: help please

What was the EA fee you agreed to? Was it a %?

Either way, does sound high, but you need to check your copy of the contract to see what the agreed fee was, and if that means distubring the missus a moment, you have got to do it!

Comment

Re: help please

Ouch, £4570+vat is very steep, feels to me somethings not right mate

Comment

Working...
      X